- Strong interest in basic science and mathematics
- Strong writing and reading skills
Being Successful in the Field
- Bachelor's degree qualifies you for entry-level positions in government and industry.
- Master's degree qualifies you for community college teaching and advancement in industry and government.
- Ph.D. is required for research and teaching positions in colleges and universities and senior positions in government and industry.
- Obtain volunteer, part-time, summer, internship, or co-op experience in your area of interest.
- Join professional organizations such as the American Geography Society or the National Council for Geographic Education.
- Become a member of groups directed toward improvement of natural resources or environment and pollution control.
- Maintain knowledge of current environmental issues including policy, conservation, and industry trends.
Geography, Geology, Biological Sciences
Career Industry Liaison
|Nick Radcliffe||223 Bone Student Centeremail@example.com||(309) 438-2200|
|Jonathan Thayn||200A Felmleyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(309) 438-8112|